Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Butterfly Project

Not sure how many of you know this (I know I didn't), but Selma is actually the "butterfly capital" of Alabama. This year as a tribute to being the butterfly capital and in an effort to revitalize the community specifically the historic downtown district, many businesses partnered with local artists to create a butterfly statue that would be placed all around downtown. I have really enjoyed driving around and seeing all of the butterflies. They are really cool and very beautiful! Lee's bank has one, but I have not been able to get a picture of it. But theirs is black and gold and really pretty. It actually looks like a real butterfly. I will post pics of that one as soon as I can take a picture. Here are a few pics of the different butterflies around town.




3 comments:

Lauren and Allen Oakes said...

How pretty! Hopefully they are going to stillbe up next weekend!

Meredith said...

those are so cool! seems like y'all are really enjoying selma. we need to make a trip down soon!

Meredith said...

i heard on WSFA this morning that they caught 2 ladies that had stolen some of the butterflies!