Wednesday, July 29, 2009

One Year Check Up

Yesterday we went to go see Dr. Hammad for Kylie's one year check-up. The doc has been out of town for a month and since we love our Doc so much, we decided to wait until he got back from vacation before going in. So this 12 month check up happened at almost 13 months. Anyway the stats were:
Weight - 22lbs 11oz
Height - 29 1/2 in
Head Circumference - somewhere in the 40s can't remember...I just asked was it bigger than normal and they said no. Haha.
She got 3 shots were rough, but she didn't feel as bad yesterday afternoon as I would have thought.

I forgot to get the percentiles for everything. They just gave her a good, clean bill of health so I smiled and collected our things and left. It is amazing how lax I am at these appointments now compared to the 1st ones. For example, I used to always write my questions down in the beginning. I had to since she would scream the whole time due to colic, sometimes I would even forget to put on matching flip flops to go to the doc at this stage so writing the questions down was the only way to go. I used to always get them to put her weight and height on a post-it so when I got back to the house, I could transfer the stats into the baby book. Oops...haven't done that in a while. The list goes on and on. Things certainly have changed.

We are loving Kylie's new sense of freedom. She can tell us when she wants something which is wonderful. It is much easier to tell when she doesn't feel good and what the cause is now too. I can not tell you how much communication makes things 100% easier!!

No comments: