Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Roomies

Well I am 95% complete with the girls' rooms. We have a jack and jill bathroom that they will share and their rooms adjoin. Later, I am hoping they can both share Kylie's room so that we can free up another bedroom and I can get a real office set up. But in the meantime, here are their rooms:

Kylie's Room
Kylie got new twin beds and bedding. I used all of her other furniture from her nursery. I got the bedding from Potterybarn Kids (which surprised me, I am normally not a PBK fan), but I loved all of the colors in the bedding. The paint color is Harbor Fog by Benjamin Moore. And let me just say that I LOVE it. It is really refreshing and a nice change from pink. Her valances were made by Javis Davis. They typically make crib bedding and toddler bedding but have added curtain valances to their services as well. The colors of her room were pretty much centered around a painting that I found and loved of a lemonade stand. Sarah (one of the most creative people I know), my coworker, was able to paint a lemonade stand which is precious and really brings everything together. Thanks, Sarah--we LOVE it!!! Honey found a prefect rug at Target to match and we are all set. I wanted her room to be very playful and a place where they can watch movies, play with toys, etc. We do not have a playroom so this room is where 90% of their junk will find its home (the other 10% is still scattered in my den :(). All in all I think it turned out cute and is very playful. (We still have some finishing touches to do in Kylie's room...one picture in there is from her nursery and is not staying so still a few things to wrap up)

Maggie's Nursery
Maggie's nursery is not too much different than Kylie's nursery. I am basically re-using everything, but I added a few things that have punched it up a little. I wanted her to have some new things of her own!! The crib bedding is from Javis Davis, it is the same bedding that Kylie used, same with the valances. The paint color is also the same... it is called Noble Blush and I can not remember who makes the paint, but it is the prettiest, most delicate shade of pink I have ever seen. I am still not sick of it, which says a lot of pink paint :). Sarah, the oh-so creative genius mentioned above did the ballerina painting-- I know can we say talented??? She is looking into doing some commissioned work, so please email me if interested and I will put you in touch with her. She is FAB! And she does some really cool canvases for the home, not just children's stuff. We got an old, old piece of furniture from my great-grandmother's house in Luverne, AL and painted it to match the other pieces. It turned out beautiful-- I removed the old hardware and put glass hardware on the piece. I love the glass hardware--Kylie's chest is from my other Granny and hers has glass hardware as well. So pretty! Maggie's letters were actually from her baby shower this past weekend (post on that to come). They were painted orange and pink to match the theme of the shower. Over the weekend I painted them cream and added some bright pink tulle and voila! Honey also found her rug at Target and I love it!!!! I actually think I want another one to double them up. The bright pink has really made the room and has added a little color that it did not have before. I am ordering a monogram to go above the crib and a mirror to go above her chest and after that Maggie's nursery will be complete!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! You've done a wonderful job!!

Meredith said...

they look so good kea!!! y'all did a great job! kylie is going to love her big girl room:)

Lauren and Allen Oakes said...

Love, Love , Love both of the rooms! You did a great job!

Sarah Rucker said...

I love them both! The painting do look great. Thank you for such a sweet shout out.