Monday, April 23, 2012
Fleet Week in the Big Easy
Last week was a fun one! It was back to New Orleans Wednesday through Friday of last week to check on the status of our current project, check on our existing portfolio, and scope out a potential new deal. I was thrilled to have my co-worker come along for the ride. It was great to have a travel partner.
We arrived Wednesday afternoon and met with our achitect to discuss a new project we are trying to put together. After viewing the site and going over details, he was nice enough to take us to dinner at Cochon. This is one of the restaurants I have not been to, so I was excited to check it out. The fried alligator aoili did not disappoint! Think New Orleans creole with a modern, contemporary twist. Very cool. After dinner, Patti (my co-worker and I) and Mark (my other co-worker who actually lives in New Orleans) braved Bourbon Street. It was packed. The French Quarter Fest was two weeks ago and Jazz Fest does not start until this weekend so we were totally confused by the crowd. As we made our way on Bourbon, we began to notice a sea of white. Sailors in uniform packed the street. After asking a few questions, we found out that it was Fleet Week. I have not read the linked article, but according to our cab driver there were 7 ships from all different countries in NOLA for the week. I remember hearing about New York Fleet Week on an old Sex and the City episode, and let's just say that this was very similar if not the exact same!!! I think there could have been a video made called "Sailors Gone Wild". It provided the best people watching I have seen done there, which says ALOT! Ha!! This guy was all about entertaining everyone walking by in the street.
They all reminded me of Jersey Shore characters :)
Patti and I at Pat O's
The next day, we went to check on my deal that closed in November. I was thrilled with the progress!!!! This is a picture of the place before
And here is my work in progress...
When restored, it will serve as elderly housing once again.
After several inspections and touring the rest of our New Orleans portfolio with Mark we met up with our equity provider and my boss for dinner at Maximo's
. If you have not tried Maximo's, I highly recommend. It is quaint, in the Quarter, and has amazing creole Itialian food and an even better wine list! Afterwards, we hit Bourbon again. The other guys heard our stories about the sailors from the night before, so they had to check it out too. Here is Patti with one of the Captain's
All in all, it was a great trip. We had a lot of fun. I always bring masks back for the girls, we have started quite the collection. Maggie would not pose for a photo, but Kylie was all smiles with her pink butterfly maskHappy Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
LOVE this update :) Patti used to work with Paul
OK, I really want to go with you on a trip to NOLA..sounds like so much fun! Love the pic of the updated building, amazing!!
Post a Comment