Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Yes Man

Ok, ok I admit it. I am one of those nagging wife's that gives her husband a hard time every now and then alot =). One of the main things I always tease Lee about is being what I call a "Yes Man". By saying this, I mean he says yes when anybody asks him to do anything (except for me of course, ha!). I realize by saying all of this it makes me look extremely selfish, but just trying to keep it real here. I mean the heading of my blog is Sugar and Spice and MOST everything nice, and since I get a little bored with the same ol', same ol' scrapbook photos on blogs, figured I would stay true to my title and keep it real. Just a little caviat before going on further.
So Lee, Mr. Yes Man, commits and serves our community in a way that blows my mind. I have always given him a hard time as I feel that sometimes his commitments stress him out which stresses me out and takes time away from our family. But this week, something clicked for me. Given that I work in Montgomery and am stretched sometimes on projects in over 8 states, it is easy for me to somewhat not really feel like I need to participate in community activities here. Sounds strange I know, but when I think about it most people are active in their community as a force of their job. And to be truthful, I always thought that was the case for Lee as well, until I saw him in action this week. This year Lee chaired the Chamber of Commerce Golf Tourney, which is the Chamber's only fundraiser other than their annual membership drive. This was his 2nd year to Chair the event, but the 1st time that I was able to go and actually see what he works so hard on. I was SO proud of him!!!!! And I could tell that this was not something that he was doing for his job or because he had to, but he was doing it because he cares about our community and the businesses that make it strive. There were 26 teams (which means the tourney was full!!!). Lunch was provided, door prizes and raffles were arranged, the list goes on and on.
And even better, I think everyone had a great time which probably concerns Lee more than anything.
And a blog post about a golf tournament, would not be complete without a photo of the winner!!!! Congrats to Paul and Andy for winning the tournament -- they shot a 52 which is supposedly very good (I do not know anything about golf :)) This pic was taken before the tournament began, the winner clearly had a serious strategy!
Thanks to everyone who came. And thanks to Lee for being so willing of your time to make things like this happen for our community. On behalf of the Chamber of Commerce, the NWTF, the Quarterback Club, the CSUMC Finance Committee, the Salvation Army, and the list goes on, thank you Lee for being a YES Man!!

2 comments:

Rayne said...

haha love this!

Honey said...

I agree he is a "yes" man alot of the time but it is all for a good cause. I to think he over obligates himself but he really does love Selma and wants to make it a better place to raise your family.
He had a great childhood there and want the same for Kylie and Maggie.
I am proud of him too!!