Monday, May 14, 2012

Dancin' Thru the Decades: Recital 2012

Woohoo! I can't believe it, but I made it through our 1st year of dance!!! I think dance was much harder on me than Kylie bug, she loved every minute of it. I, on the other hand, was completely a fish out water. Everything from getting her to dance (thank you wonderful friends for helping me with that!) to fixing dance hair to taking pictures proved to be challenging for me! It is safe to say that I am NOT a stage mom ;) Anywho -- Kylie thoroughly enjoyed her year at McConnell Twins Dance Studio.
Wearing her ballerina outfit to school the week of the dance recital (she would wear this everyday if I let her) Big sis was thrilled when it was finally time for the big recital! I think I was more nervous than she was. I battled stage fright as a kid, so I was hoping she would not face the same issues I had growing up. It was clear in the 1st 30 seconds of watching her, that she does not have the same issue! Ha! She danced and sang her little heart out.
Kylie and Miss Haley at dress rehearsal
Libby Lou and Kylie bug
These were a few pics I managed to get during dress rehearsal. I couldn't use my flash the night of the big performance.
Time for the big recital
Good luck from little sis
Getting ready for her tap performance backstage
One of the highlights of her night...being able to wear lipstick
The other highlight...flowers and a prize after her performance She had such a good time and all of the little girls in her class did great. No tears from anyone!

1 comment:

Rayne said...

She is SOOO cute in her dance costume!! Proud of you too :)