Monday, May 14, 2012
Street Fest
Two weeks ago, Ms. Frieda and I took the kids to the Arts Revive StreetFest. I believe this is only the 2nd or 3rd year of StreetFest and it is really fun. The event is held in the Arts Revive Carneal building and along Water Avenue downtown. Vendors this year included items such as scarves, flowers, appliqued items, beeswax candles, etc. There sure are some talented folks in Selma!!
BankTrust has a kids booth set-up which is a hit for the girls. They made necklaces and sand art this year.
Lee's Leadership Class hosted the annual Billy Atchison Fish Fry at StreetFest and sold over 800 plates of catfish!!!! Mr. Billy is the late father of our friend Tommy and although I never got a chance to meet him, I know he would be so proud of how hard these guys have worked on this event!! The proceeds from the fish fry go to benefit Crimestoppers, which is an awesome organization that helps provides information along with rewards to stop crime in Dallas County.
After grabbing some lunch, we loaded up to head home. The girls had a great time and it was a fun way to enjoy a warm afternoon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment