Last night we finished up our last birthing class. Three couples in our class had their babies at some point over the 5 weeks. Crazy! Lee had to diaper a baby doll in order to pass the class. He actually did a good job and really seemed like he knew what he was doing! Mrs. Mary Jane gave us the cutest baby Bible at the end of class, it is so sweet. All in all we really enjoyed the class. We learned alot and made some new friends. I will be dropping off our pre-admission forms to Baptist East this week...everything is definitely starting to sink in that we are about to be parents!
I also had a Dr.'s appointment this week. Everything looked good. My blood pressure was really good. I was extremely happy about that b/c I have experienced so much swelling in my legs, hands, and feet. But Dr. Miller assured me it is all just normal water retention and will go away after giving birth. I have had to put away my wedding rings because they no longer fit and any thought of wearing a cute pair of shoes is totally out of the question. Kylie's heart rate was in the 140s and she seems to be doing great in there. I am measuring a week ahead (instead of measuring 34weeks, I am measuring 35 weeks)...for those that know Lee's birth story, this has me very concerned. (Honey- maybe you should do a post on my blog about labor and delivery with Lee? :)) Lee was a big baby...big big baby. He weighed 10lbs 15oz...that's right he was a whopper. haha. So I have been very concerned about having a really big baby that will automatically warrant a c-section. I was only 6lbs even. So I am really hoping that Kylie will be in the "normal" 8lb range. I asked Dr. Miller if there is anyway to tell the weight of the baby and she said that beginning with my next visit she can usually feel the position of the baby and give a pretty decent estimate as to the weight of the baby. The next Dr.'s visit is June 18 and after that I will go ever week until Kylie arrives!
In other news...the new furniture arrives today! I am very excited and hope it all looks good. I am always nervous about ordering furniture, you hope it looks as good as you remembered it. Hopefully I can post some house pics next week. We are still finishing up a few things.
No comments:
Post a Comment