Thursday, June 12, 2008

One Month to Go!

I swear the weeks keep getting longer and longer. I think it is because the lack of sleep I (we) have experienced over the past week. Lee informed me this morning he is going to have to move into the guest bedroom because he can't take it anymore. I don't blame him. All sense of feeling remotely comfortable has disappeared. I think Kylie has dropped some because instead of getting up once to go to the bathroom it is now more like 2 or 3 times a night. Fun! I know, I know your body is just preparing itself for when she arrives and all those middle of the night feedings?? I have heard this a thousand times, but it seems to me you should try to get as much sleep as possible before the baby comes.

We still have lots of last minute things to do before Kylie is here. We need to get the car seats installed in our vehicles, I am still working on the hospital bag (this has become a sore subject at our house, Lee is convinced I am not going to have things packed in time and he will be stuck packing for me), washing baby clothes & bottles, and there is still a lot of last minute shopping to be done. One of our biggest concerns is that we still do not have a plan for childcare once I go back to work. Our daycare in Selma will not take Kylie until she is 6 months old. So we are trying to find someone to come to our house to take care of the baby and some housework once I return to work. Please let me know if anyone knows if anybody in the Selma area. Everything else seems to be in pretty good order. We have made arrangements for my grandparents to come stay at our house when we head to the hospital to take care of the dogs while we are gone.

We are getting very excited! Hoping labor goes smoothly and Kylie is healthy.

1 comment:

Mother said...

Kea,
Everything will so smoothly. Do not worry, everything will get done; bags will be packed, clothes will be washed in time for Kylie's arrival. We will knock out some of that shopping next weekend. I promise you will be sitting there ready to go when the time is right.
See ya Saturday and Hang in there.
Honey