This is what I feel the new title of our blog should be. It is still an ongoing battle, but the Nutramigen along with the Prilosec plus a little bit of Mylicon seems to be helping (and don't let me forget to mention Levison drops during the really rough episodes). What a combo! The Nutramigen has been much easier for her to digest and she is having much more regular dirty diapers now. Thank goodness...wow, never thought I'd say that. Poor Kylie is still being monitored regularly by Dr. Hammad. He calls every other day to see how we are progressing. I swear I am not exaggerating when I say it has been ROUGH. On Sunday, our sweet neighbor called and Lee answered the phone. She was in a panic asking if I was alright, Lee was a little caught off guard and said that yes, I was fine. She said well the reason I ask is that Kea's name was listed in the church bulletin under the prayer list. Haha, I guess word has gotten out that we have been a little stressed to say the least. I thought that was funny and to whoever put my name on the prayer list...THANK YOU. We will take all the prayers we can get. :) Everyone keeps saying "in 3 months this will go away", I appreciate the encouragement but please understand that 3 months seems a lifetime away right now. haha. We are just hoping that something will click tonight or tomorrow instead :). I am going to Montgomery for work on Wednesdays now since the person I trained for months and months while I was prego turned in her notice the day I delivered. Wonderful. While the timing isn't perfect, it is a nice break and my mom has been nice enough to come over on Tuesday nights to help out so I can get some sleep before driving to work and then she keeps Kylie at our house on Wednesday. Things are progressing little by little each day and I am just crossing my fingers that everything will be okay before she is scheduled to start daycare (the week after Labor Day), if not I am going to have to work some sort of arrangement out with work b/c there is no way a person can care for her right now that is also having to care for other babies. We have found that taking a bath and being in the swing works wonders!!! She may be the cleanest baby in the world as many baths as we give in an effort to soothe her tummy. I guess the warm water helps. And as far as the swing goes, there are times where I feel guilty because she is in it so much...but whatever works. Maybe my next post should be "Whatever Works", that has been my motto the past couple of weeks!

Swinging Away!
3 comments:
Poor little Kylie! I hope and pray her tummy aches go away soon!
Hey Kea,
I am a friend of Sarah P. She told me about you. My baby, Brayden, is 3 months old now. I went through very similar situations as it seems you are going through right now. I think I bought everything under the sun for colic during the first month, and cried just about every day. I just saw in the One Step Ahead magazine, a warm wrap that goes around the tummy to help ease the pain. I would have bought that too, if I had known it existed. He cried constantly (seriously) unless he was sleeping or eating for the first month. It turns out he has really bad acid reflux and not colic. Apparently colic only happens once a day and last for about 3 hours...Brayden's was constant. We have had him on Zantac since he was two weeks. He takes it well, I guess because he doesn't really know life without it. We also feed him a lot. Eating seems to always help him. I feed him the Kroger brand "Gentle" formula. It is a knock off fo the Enfamil. It seems to work fine. He was eating 7 oz of formula from when he was 3 weeks old, that is when I realized I could get him to calm down if he was really full. The milacon drops never really helped for us, but I know several people who swear by them.
A couple of things that worked for me are putting him on the drier (wraped in a blanked so he doesn't get burned), the swing, and warm baths (as with you). Brayden loves bath time (similar to Kylie I'm sure). He is almost 15lbs now and getting too big for the swing, but he is much better. He does not cry much at all, and laughs and smiles all the time. Call or email me if you want, you can get my info from Sarah.
Kea,
I am sorry to hear that ya'll are having such a tough time with the colic. I know Dr. Hammad from calling on him with work and he is a great doctor and it sounds like ya'll are getting good care from him. Hopefully ya'll will find the perfect combination soon! I know how difficult it is when Camilla cries for just a couple of minutes. I pray that Kylie starts feeling better soon.
She is a beautiful baby!!! I can't wait for her and Camilla to meet! If ya'll are ever going to be in Montgomery (other than for work), let us know. We would love to meet up with ya'll.
Post a Comment