70s. I cannot take anymore cold weather. Between battling sickness, having to warm my car up super early before I commute to Montgomery, bundling Kylie up in many layers before we even leave the house all are reasons I am ready to see this weather disappear. Everyone posted super cute pics of their kiddies and the snow, but we just weren't into it. I did manage to get a few pics of the snow on my way to the grocery store. As you can see, we did not get very much. It was just cold and yucky. And, no we did not even attempt to get Kylie out for a 1st snow pic. Not worth risking another possible ear infection or worse.



In other happenings, Wen- Wen and I took Kylie back to Childrens Hospital in downtown Bham last week for follow up on her ear surgery. She had a lot of bleeding in one ear after surgery and some of the dried blood has covered up the tube in the left ear. Meaning if she were to get an ear infection, the tube would not function as it would not be able to drain. So we have to put 3 drops of white vinegar in her left ear to dissolve the blood and then take her next week and hope they can clean the tube. I am not sure if this means another round of anesthesia or what. I have a huge deal closing the end of this month and have been slammed at work, so Lee and Honey will make the drive to Bham next week and see about the tube. While Wen-Wen and I were in Bham we did manage to make our way to Sikes in downtown Homewood and get Kylie fitted for her 1st pair of shoes. They are precious! They still look a little weird on her to me and I have not let her wear them just yet. She did pull up this weekend and has been pulling up at nursery so moving to the shoes will be just around the corner. Aren't they precious??

We have also been going through sleep bootcamp (i.e. scream for fun at night) at our house. It is rough, but I really do think it is working. She is beginning to cry less and less and last night she only got up once, which is much better. After the ENT gave her the all clear on any possibility of an ear infection, he politely told us that her not sleeping was not to blame on her ears but the fact that she is indeed SPOILED. Go figure.
Speaking of spoiled...Honey, Amanda and I are going to Cottontails at the BJCC in Birmingham on Saturday. I am very excited, last year I had just found out that we were having a girl and we were all too scared to buy anything girlie at that point b/c it was so early and Amanda and Jerry were just getting ready to leave for Ukraine so we had no clue what to buy (or how many of each :)) at that point. I do not think we will have a problem this year!!
1 comment:
COTTONTAILS HERE WE COME!!! A GRANDMOTHER ON THE LOOSE. YEAH!! FINALLY I KNOW THAT I HAVE GRANDCHILDREN AND THE SEX AND AGES OF EACH. I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YEARS FOR THIS DAY.
I BETTER GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP AND TAKE AN EXTRA VITAMIN BEFORE WE LEAVE SATURDAY MORNING.
I AM SO EXCITED!!!!
HONEY
Post a Comment