Monday, July 28, 2008

The Diagnosis

Well as I mentioned yesterday we went back to the pediatrician today. Poor baby Kylie has not only been diagnosed as colic but she also has acid reflux. I know it is miserable when Lee and I get acid reflux so I can only imagine that it feels 1000 times worse for a newborn. Poor thing! Dr. Hammad told us that there are several courses of action we can take, but before implementing a plan that would involve daily medications he is having us put 1 teaspoon of rice cereal in her milk. The weight of the rice cereal should help with the reflux and he also gave us some prescription drops to try for the colic symptoms. If we do not see an improvement by Wednesday, we will go back to the doctor and see about either changing formulas again or starting some stronger medications. Dr. Hammad was so sweet and assured me this is not caused by anything we have done. In fact, he said she is perfectly healthy! He was super pleased that she is now weighing a solid 9lbs 3oz! Especially since she had such a rough 1st week! Below are some pictures of sweet girl napping away after her doctor's visit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! Poor Kylie!! I hope the drops and rice cereal help. She is just too cute, Kea!

I hope you have a fantastic birthday tomorrow!!

Amanda

Lauren and Allen Oakes said...

I knew it! I am so glad that the doctor finally diagnosed her with something. I know this puts ya'll at ease. I am so glad that Lindsey and Olivia are coming to visit you and Kylie tomorrow. I think its going to be good for both of you.

The Donaldson Family said...

How did she do last night? She looks so peaceful sleeping!! I know you think so too:)

Happy Birthday!! Kylie is going to give you the gift of sweet slumber:)