Friday, August 8, 2008

One Month Dr.'s Visit

This morning Kylie, Lee, and I headed back to the pediatrician's office for Kylie's one month check-up. Overall I would say the appointment was a success. Meaning Lee was able to come along to help and she did not scream the entire time we waited before we saw Dr. Hammad. Kylie did get 1 shot and she did great, just a little cry and that was it. He said she looks great and is developing wonderfully.

Here are her 1 month stats:
Weight: 9lbs 12 oz (55th percentile)
Length: 22 in (85th percentile)
Head Circumfrance: 37 cm
**A little note on the head measurement...some of yall know I tease Lee about having a large noggin and have teased him about Kylie maybe inheriting his large "brain" haha. So I specifically asked about the head measurement, and hers is actually measuring a little small! haha.

Of course no visit would be complete without our regular conversation with Dr. Hammad going over any progress with her stomach issues. He is pretty convinced that it is not a formula problem and is reflux which is causing the colic to be so severe. So we are now switching her from the expensive Nutramigen to Enfamil A/R. This new formula is thickened with rice starch which will help with the reflux and since it is already added, I do not have to go through the extra step of adding the rice to the formula and then fighting trying to get the rice out of the nipple. I know all of this formula talk and reflux does not make for an interesting blog, but it is pretty much consuming our life right now (wow, never thought I would say that). haha. He also prescribed Zantac for her and we are really hoping this along with the new formula will be the magic cure we have been hoping for! Everyone keep your fingers crossed!
For a laugh I thought I would post a picture of Kylie's cabinet in the kitchen...it looks like the baby aisle at CVS!!!

1 comment:

Mother said...

I AM SO GLAD EVERYTHING WENT GREAT AT THE DOCOTR. IT MAKES ME VERY HAPPY THAT SHE LOVES THE BOUNCER SEAT AND NEW MOBILE. I MISS HER VERY MUCH EACH DAY. I LOVE THE PICTURES AND THE BUNNY IDEA IS GREAT. I HAVE DECIDED THAT LEE HAS POST PARTUM DEPRESSION. HA HA! MAYBE A TALK WITH PAPAW MIGHT DO SOME GOOD. HE WENT THROUGH THAT HELPLESS FEELING WHEN OUR CHILDREN WERE BORN. HE JUST NEEDS A LITTLE TIME TO ADJUST TO FATHERHOOD.
GOTTA GET TO WORK.
GIVE HER A KISS AND HUG FROM HONEY.