Last night we attended our first birthing class (1st out of FIVE that we have to attend). It was pretty fun actually. Our teacher is great, she is the wife of one of the OB's in my Doc's practice. Lee did really good, he participated and listened the whole time (except for one second when I couldn't find him, he got up to get a snack :)). Anyway, the class was great...much much better than the nursing class I attended on Monday night. That is a whole other story but needless to say I do not think I will be attending again this Monday night.
Last night, we learned all about the signs of pre-term labor and when to call the Doctor and what does not warrant a 3:00 am "emergency" phone call to the Doc. We also practiced some relaxation techniques and she told us what to expect from the classes. Thank goodness we did not have to watch a graphic video on the 1st night! I was nervous about that. I think Lee and I both left the class excited, but I must admit I am getting kinda nervous!! The teacher, MJ, showed us a sample pelvis bone and then showed us a doll that was an average baby size. I do NOT see how the baby fits through the bone!! Ouch! Thank goodness for epidurals, right? haha.
We left the class with our pre-admission forms to the hospital which must be completed and hand-delivered to Baptist East as well as some homework for the week (basically a bunch of reading and an assignment to monitor the kicks of our baby). We also need to decide on a pediatrician here in Selma. Lots to do! MJ told us these classes would make the end of the pregnancy go very very quickly.
2 comments:
So he had to get up and go get snacks; I guess when he sees the video you better bring buttered popcorn and a coke. I am really glad you are enjoyign the classes. I know they will help and answer alot of your questions.
I love the clothes.
Honey
Kea- I can tell you that Lee will not be the only husband to go and get a snack, Allen would definetly do something like that. I can go ahead and count on that!
Post a Comment