A week or so ago we experienced a leak from one of the main water lines in the new house. Water was coming up from the hardwood floors...have I mentioned we have only lived here for less than a month??? Anyway, we have been swamped with insurance adjusters, plumbers, and flooring representatives. Our house has hardwoods throughout the whole house except for the kitchen. All of which have to be replaced as water and hardwood floors do not mix. This has been such a stressful process...oh the joys of homeownership. :) So much for buying a house that we thought was move-in ready. haha.
Today we finally saw some light at the end of the tunnel. Come to find out the existing hardwoods in the house were exceptional quality so we were able to pick out what we want. The plan is to install carpet in the 3 bedrooms (I am sure Kylie will be excited about this). I am nervous about carpet, but know the baby will definitely enjoy it much better than the hardwoods. We are going to put down new ceramic tile in the bathrooms and vanity areas and then hardwoods in all of the living areas (living room, den, dining room, foyer, etc). I hope it will all look good, I do not know anything about flooring so hopefully we made the right decisions on colors, etc. I also had them measure the kitchen and am hoping we will have enough cash left over to lay new ceramic in there as well. The existing kitchen floor is so hard to keep clean. No matter what I do, it always looks dirty!
The carpet rep told us they hope to have everything completed in the next 2 weeks! Yay! We have lots of painting left to do before the new floors are laid. I hope this process goes quickly and smoothly as I seem to be getting less and less patient as the pregnancy progresses :). Hopefully I will have some new house pics in a few weeks!
1 comment:
Break out the grill and the blender, we will be there next weekend to finish the painting.
Honey
Post a Comment