Friday, May 2, 2008

Things are turning around...

Well the week started out rough, but things are looking much better! Tracy, Dr. Miller's nurse, just called and I do NOT have gestational diabetes!!! I am thrilled. Given all the sweets I have been consuming, I was convinced I had it (and probably deserved it), but everything came back normal. Evidently the results of the first test were not very accurate since I had a Dt. Coke and peanut butter crackers :). Note to any expectant mothers: the doctor's office will tell you that you can eat 90 minutes before taking the glucose tolerance test. Do NOT eat anything. You do not want to have to endure the 3 hour test. Trust me! To celebrate, I am going to the Lily Pad (cute, cute children's store in Selma) today at lunch to get Kylie a prize for processing sugar normally. (It is really obvious that I am pumped about not enduring a strict diabetic diet, huh???)

Tomorrow is my first shower in Birmingham. I am so very excited. It is at the David's house (Lauren and Lindsey's parents). They are so nice to let the girls host a shower for me at their home. Thanks in advance to La, Lin, Megan, Mer, Jamie, Julie, and Kinsey for hosting the shower. I cannot tell you how excited I am, look for all the pics on Monday!

1 comment:

Stephanie Stallworth Brown said...

It was so sweet of you and Lee to come to Anna Belle's birthday party! And I'm so glad you don't have gestational diabetes. Only 77 days to go!