So this weekend was hands-down one of the best weekends I have had in a long time. Lee headed to Lake Martin for a guy's weekend and I headed to Birmingham on Saturday with Honey to go "grandmother" shopping as she calls it :) and meet my nieces and nephews! WOW...is all I have to say. I know I am a little biased, but I definitely have FOUR of the coolest nieces and nephews in the world. I had a blast and cannot wait to spend more time with them. Amanda and Jerry were born to parent these kids! It was amazing to see how natural everyone fits together like they have always been meant to be a family.
Olivia, who will be turning 9 years old tomorrow, went shopping all day Saturday with Amanda, Honey, and I for her birthday. We had so much fun! She is so girly and I loved every minute of it. It is so amazing that although she has only lived in America for a few weeks how well we were able to communicate! (I did tell Amanda that I would never want to go against their family in a game of charades though, they have it down pat! haha) So as part of the big birthday celebration...Olivia desperately wanted to get her ears pierced. Remember when we all were like that??? Haha. So Amanda and Jerry agreed that she could get it done on Saturday. She did so good and loved every minute of it! She picked out some cute, tiny pink studs and smiled the whole time. We also got her a birthday girl crown which she wore the whole day! Too cute!
We also took Olivia to get fitted for some tennis shoes. She of course picked out pink New Balances and helped us pick out some shoes for Christian too, who will be turning 8 at the end of the month. As Amanda and Honey were buying the shoes, Olivia and I were looking around at all of the rest of the shoes in the store. She would pick up baby shoes and hand to me and say "Baby Kylie". How sweet is that?
Before Honey and I headed back to Tuscaloosa, we stopped by Amanda and Jerry's to drop off her and Olivia. Jerry and the rest of the gang were doing yard work. And they were having a blast! Come to find out Christian, Daniel, and Vica had a pretty good day with Papa too! They went to the park and of course played in the sprinkler! All in all everyone had a great weekend and I am looking forward to spending time with each of my nieces and nephews! Below are some pics of Olivia and her new jewels!


1 comment:
I love the pictures. I will show them to Olivia when I see her tomorrow. I loved the shopping for my grandchildren. I cna't wait till Kylie is here and we can have a HUGE mother, daughter, and of course grandmother day shopping.
Love ya,
Honey
Post a Comment