Wednesday, March 5, 2008

20 Week Doctor's Visit

This morning I had my 20 week appointment with Dr. Miller. Lee was able to go with me today after all which was great. It is always nice to have him with me especially since I always work myself up beforehand thinking something is wrong. Today everything was great!!

First, we had the big 20 week ultrasound. During this ultrasound they check all the anatomy to make sure everything is developing properly and nothing seems to be forming abnormally. They also confirmed for Lee again that the baby is indeed a GIRL! I now have the green light to order the bedding, hehe. They also said that her heart looked great and they could see all 4 chambers. Her heart rate was 157 bpm. I told the ultrasound technician my worry of not feeling any movement yet and she assured me that is completely normal and many first time mothers do not experience any movement until 22 weeks. Kylie was moving around just fine though. We could see her yawning and that was so cute!!!! She also looked like she was trying to put her thumb in her mouth (Lee got mad at me b/c I was so proud that she may be a thumb sucker, hehe). She is measuring perfectly on track at 20w4d.

Then, after we finished the ultrasound, we went to meet with Dr. Miller. She is so nice. She explained the next few visits coming up and what to expect. I have have a pretty bad sinus infection right now so she gave me a prescription for a Z-Pack and Zrytec. Hopefully this will go away pretty soon. We also took my weight (no further comment) and checked my blood pressure which was fine.

We are so glad that today went well and Kylie looks like she will be a healthy baby girl. Our next appointment is April 2nd. Also...for you grandparents...we were able to get the ultrasound on video tape for you to watch.

2 comments:

Honey said...

YEAH!!! A MOVIE TO WATCH ON FRIDAY NIGHT. I'LL POP THE POPCORN. GLAD EVERYTHING WENT WELL. DOES SHE LOOK LIKE ME?? HA HA
LOVE,
HONEY

Jerry and Amanda said...

I am so glad that everything is going well!! No need to worry. Kylie is probably going to be a "wiggler" after she is born, and you will be wishing you could back to the time when she didn't move so much!

Sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you will be able to make it Friday night!

You are half way!!!
Can't wait to see the video.
Amanda