Monday, April 21, 2008

Doctor's Visit

This morning I had an appointment with Dr. Miller. It was an eventful appointment. I had to take the glucose screening test today which tests for gestational diabetes. The test wasn't near as bad as I thought. I should get the lab results on Wednesday. Pray that I do not have this! Also since my blood type is negative I had to get a RhoGam shot today, which also was not as bad as I thought. :) Everything is measuring right on schedule and my blood pressure looked good too. Kylie's heartbeat was in the 140s today and sounded strong and healthy. After this appointment, I will start seeing Dr. Miller every 2 weeks. We go back on May 7th for the 4-D ultrasound. I am very excited about that! Hope Kylie will cooperate for the camera!

I am still a little confused on counting weeks vs. months. Today the nurse told me "Wow, you are moving right along. Almost finished with your 7th month!" Excuse me, WHAT???? I thought I was near the end of the 6th month. Evidently I had been counting behind. Yikes! So now I am feeling a little extra pressure to get things done and situated. That means more painting at the house this weekend! :) Obviously the nesting phase has kicked into full swing.

Oh -- for those of you that have asked how the reflux is....it has gotten much better. I had it bad for about a week and here lately I haven't really experienced any. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it does not come back!

1 comment:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Hi Kea,
I'm Hillary- one of Amanda's pledge sisters from college. Would you please have your mother in law e-mail me? It's hdunham@knology.net. I want to help in some way with the homecoming.
In other news, congrats on your pregnancy! That's so exciting! I hope you are still feeling well and enjoying it. The house looks amazing for just moving in and I'm sure your glucose will be fine (they're not as bad to drink as everyone says they are, right?). Very cute blog background, too!
Thanks!
Hillary