Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Director, The Cast, and THE WARDROBE

So Kinsey gave me a great idea for a post when she inquired about the wardrobe for the follies. The wardrobe, after all, is what makes this whole production HILARIOUS. If you do not have a ticket, I realize that this post will probably make you want to purchase one asap. I mean it is not everyday that you will get to see my husband with boobs :). haha. So here is the rundown:
Outfit #1: Prison outfit. This is for a dance to the song "When You're Good to Mama". This number is hilarious and I am glad there are about 20 girls sharing the stage with me for this. It is sort of a scandalous song. haha. This song is from Chicago.

Outfit #2: Charleston Dress. This is a couples number to the song "Anything Goes". This one is not so bad, although the dress in my size looks like a trash bag with some bright pink highlights. Still much better than what is to come.

Outfit #3: The WORST. This is for "Stepping Out With My Baby", a funny couples kick-line number. There are not words to describe this costume. Although the words, horrendous, wretched, and really really ugly come to mind. We died laughing last night when we all tried this 3 piece number on. I am just thankful the photo I am using below does not have me actually in this outfit. I am telling you it is much much worse on this body.

Outfit #4: Think about the movie "A League of Their Own". This number involves base ball bats and is to a song called "Heart". This one is my favorite. Please note we will be donning bloomers under our skirts!

Outfit #5: Okay, so I was supposed to be in 4 numbers but got put in another one. This number is just 4 of us girls dancing with one of our friends while he sings "Boogie Shoes". Three things are really bad about this: 1) there are not many people to share the stage with, 2) I have to do my own freestyle dance moves (I have none), and 3) the dress I will be wearing will probably blind one or two audience members.
All this being said, it could be worse...I could be Lee. He gets to wear these with nothing else while performing to the song "Splish Splash"

This whole experience has been so much fun! We have had a blast laughing with and at each other. I must say if you are not able to come you really are missing out! I am not a dancer by any means and have never in my life been on to sign up for anything that will require some end of the year recital, but this comedy/variety show stuff is so much fun. Can't believe we will actually be on stage and in these costumes this weekend! Yikes!
Anyway gotta run and go pick up Lee's wig for his Spice Girls number from the post office. Thanks Mary Grace for sending it to us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I want to come. I mean, I really want to come. If I could drive to Selma for the night, I would be there. Will there be a video for sale? Are they hazing you for being new Selma residents? What the heck is going on over there?

Meredith said...

holy cow! hilarious! i really wish i could be there too. if there is video, i must see it!

Susan and Corey said...

I can't get over the number of costume changes and skits. You must have had a blast.