Friday, February 6, 2009
Monday's Itinerary
Okay so I just talked to the nurse at Children's and the ENT nurse. We have to be at the hospital in downtown Bham by 5:45 am on Monday. That means we will have to leave Selma around 3:15 am!! YIKES. The actual surgery will happen around 7:30 am. If all goes well with the anesthesia, we will be home pretty quickly that same day. I did get some more details yesterday on this type of anesthesia versus the normal anesthesia procedure done for tubes. Instead of getting a normal mask, Kylie will have to get an IV and be on some extra monitors. I am NOT excited about this. The last time she had to get an IV, it left her pretty bruised and banged up. BUT I have heard amazing things about Children's Hospital so I know she will be in excellent care. I found out that given the medical history, they have to watch and make sure she does not develop some sort of hypothermia in association with the anesthesia. Highly unlikely, but just in case we need to go this route. Hope this goes well and we can get some sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aww, poor little Kylie!! I'll def say a prayer for her!
Please let us know when you are home. We will be thinking of ya'll.
Post a Comment