Okay so I have had to do some Internet research today (no, not on why the ordering things are so close to each other at Sonic, haha), but on acid reflux??!? I have been feeling a burning sensation in my throat similar to the feeling you have if you take a pill without water and feel like the pill never went down quite right. Well I have been fighting that feeling off and on all weekend and now today at work. Not fun, it is very uncomfortable.
I have never really experienced acid reflux or heartburn before, but they say it is common with pregnancy. I read that two of the main foods that can cause it are chocolate (oops) and anything tomato-y (tomato sauce, ketchup, etc). These two things have been two of my favorites. Ugh. I am also supposed to sleep in a wedge position (head elevated up high) to reduce the reflux.
Lee heard from a girl at the bank that milk helps alleviate reflux. I have tried this and it works for a minute or two but that's about it. Does anyone else have any pointers on getting rid of this?
2 comments:
Heartburn means lots of hair! Seriously it's an old wives tell but I had it and Lauren had a head full of black hair :)
Can't you take Tums? Might want to check, it has been a while since I was preggo!
Good Luck!
Amy
Heartburn!! I battle it almost every week. It is horrible! If you have heartburn at night sitting slightly elevated in the bed works and Pepto is always a must. I've even tried peanut butter and have found it coats my throat so it won't burn so bad, seriously. Stay away from Gatorade and anything acidic; those juices always makes me have heartburn
Post a Comment