I am sure many of you are so over me talking about this, but I figured I would give an update since I enjoyed reading other blogs while I was pregnant that gave some insight into things. So for those that have not experienced colic here is an update. We are still not over it! I met some of grandmother's friends at the beach and even they were saying they have always heard of the "3 month colic". Why I had never heard of this?? Probably a good thing or I would be well into my 40s having children. haha. I figure by that age I will have more patience :). Anyway, we are approaching her 2 month birthday and while Kylie is not as severely colic as she was a few weeks ago, she still has stomach issues that cause her to be so fussy and a sometimes inconsolable. The Nutramigen, although super expensive, is a gift from above. She is doing so much better on that formula. It is great for infants that have a weak or immature digestive system. Oh and remember a while back my ode to Dr. Browns?? Well forget that. After trying 4 different kinds of bottles...Honey found the winner - Gerber Nuk bottles. Thank you Honey. Kylie loves the Nuk pacis so these bottles work great with her. They also make a medium flow nipple for 0+ months which is great, most companies only make slow flow for that age. Kylie would get so frustrated with the slow flow and she was sucking so hard it was causing her to swallow even more air or sometimes even tire her out before she finished eating. So the medium flow Nuk nipples have been wonderful. Other things that have worked for us has been going ahead and adding 3ml of Mylicon to the bottles. Just as a preventative measure :). My OB even said that helped her out alot. We are still doing Prilosec twice a day which will most likely continue to at least 4-6 months.
Also she now sleeps on her stomach...I know, I know everyone says not do that but our parents did it with us and we are just fine. Plus in my defense, Kylie can lift and turn her head now. I think the pressure on her tummy makes her feel better. She is definitely getting more and more fun as each day she is starting to feel a little better.
2 comments:
I am glad to hear it is a little better!! When you get a chance, call me and we can catch up.
Azalea slept on her tummy from about three weeks on. You just have to do what works for your baby. Hope things keep getting better. Hopefully, I will have some baby news this week!
Post a Comment