Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Two Month Check-Up

Well it was back to the pediatrician today for Miss Kylie's two month check-up. She had to get 4, yes FOUR, shots. She was really fussy when we got to the doctor's office, but she was a champ getting her shots. Only cried just a bit while getting pricked. Dr. Hammad was shocked that such a colicky baby handled the shots so well. He said she is still severely colic and still has acid reflux. He increased the amount of Prilosec we are giving her and I got the go ahead to get her some Tylenol as needed. Maybe that will help with the stomach pain?? He keeps reassuring me this will go away, but it may take up to four months (that is how long it takes for an infant's gut to mature). I am hoping it does not take that long. She is doing better, smiling more and more and even starting to coo a little. Dr. Hammad also said she will have to stay on the Nutramigen formula until she is 6 months old. I hated to hear that but it is definitely helping! We are still nowhere close to sleeping through the night, I am convinced that she would sleep through the night if her stomach pains did not wake her. I am still hoping for the night that she will surprise us...most of my friends said their babies just went through the night one night and that was it. I guess that is how it works and boy are we ready!
Here are her 2 month stats:
Weight: 11 lbs - 37% percentile
Height: 23.25" - 65% percentile
Head Circumference: 38 cm - 50th percentile
Here is baby girl showing off her boo-boos

No comments: